Friday, October 30, 2009

From scraps to scraptastic!





I have a problem tossing out even the littlest pieces of fabric! I do keep the tiny bits pretty organized though. Bins and baskets hold strips of various sizes of fabric. I collected all these primary colored bits from other projects. I love this technique for using up scraps. I was inspired by Bonnie Hunter's "String Piecing" approach.
Here's a primer: http://quiltville.com/stringquiltingprimer.shtml.


You have to try it for yourself. The end product is so cool and it looks like you had a plan all along! Here's the first one I did. I literally used every strip of fabric I had! I considered entering it in an "Ugliest Quilt" contest...but Carole convinced me that it really isn't all that ugly. Thanks Carole!

No comments:

Post a Comment